Friday, May 2, 2008

Netflix treats me like the Pope

I received the wrong Netflix DVD in the mail earlier in the week, which has never happened before. I went to the web site, and within seconds was able to figure out how to report the problem. It was super easy and I received a confirmation email within minutes that my report had been received and that someone was on it. Not only did I receive the correct DVD the very next day, but I received more good news in the email that came this morning:

  • Netflix apologized for the error, which they had meticulously documented: what they did wrong, when it happened, and how and when it was corrected
  • I was issued an automatic 5% credit on my account
  • I can keep the erroneous DVD for as long as I like ("please feel free to take your time watching it")
  • Another apology at the end and a toll-free number I can call with any concerns

From a company like Netflix that always exceeds my expectations and has an excellent, easy-to use product to begin with, this kind of stellar customer service shows how far above and beyond they will go to make me happy. To me, Netflix is really a service company that also happens to sell me something I find valuable. Gold star for Netflix!

No comments: